If you are looking for information about barber jobs in USA and how you can apply for barber jobs with visa sponsorships in USA, then you just came across the right article. Be rest assured that you are on the right webpage as we will be giving detailed information on how you can begin your applications for these jobs.
It is not surprising that there are lots of jobs in the United States and if you are good at what you do, securing a job good job in the U.S. won’t be a problem and you will also earn a lot. Barbers in the U.S. earn an average salary of around $26,304 to $30,954 and about $15.93 per hour, this report was given by the U.S. Bureau Labour of Statistics.
So if you are a professional and skilled barber, there is no better time to apply for barber jobs with Visa Sponsorship in USA than now.
Let’s go into the article proper.
Barbers in USA
Barbing is not at all a bad career choice, in fact, it is a very good job because you get to meet new people and also see new and unique ways of working plus it is creative.
So for anyone who is looking for job opportunities as a barber, let me bring to your awareness that USA is a great place to look at, since the country offers employment options for barbers. Most companies in the U.S. offer training programs for professionals who want to become certified professional barbers.
It doesn’t matter if you lack the skill as some companies and organizations in USA offer barbing courses for those who are interested and they provide free classes to teach interested students the important skills required to become creative.
Barber Jobs In USA With Visa Sponsorship
Barber jobs with Visa Sponsorship mean that the employer is willing to hire a foreign worker and decides to sponsor their visa to move to the United States.
The visa sponsorship program, barbers are allowed to live and work in USA legally. There are a lot of wonderful benefits that come with landing a barber job with visa sponsorship in USA.
It becomes more exciting as the visa sponsorship program also covers your living, insurance, and health expenses.
However, you will be required to have a valid job offer from a U.S. employer for you to be sponsored and the employer also must meet the visa requirements to be able to sponsor your visa as a barber.
What a Barber Does In the USA
There are so many companies in the United States that are in need of experienced and professional barbers. These companies are in search of creative barbers that have very good skills in cutting, trimming, styling, and coloring hair.
So now let us look at some of the areas a Barber in the United States is expected to specialize in. Below are some of the duties and responsibilities of a barber mostly if you are working with a company:
- Barbers must be able to use tools such as styling tools and styling hair with chemical
- Washing and conditioning
- They provide hair treatments and coloring.
- They follow the instruction of the customer in cutting and trimming their hair according to their own taste.
- A barber is expected to be self-motivated, creative, communication well and have appreciative skill.
Requirements that Qualify You For Barber Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In USA
Your eligibility and qualification for barber jobs with visa sponsorship in USA will depend on you meeting the following requirements we will be highlighted below:
- High school diploma or GED
- State barber’s license
- Compliance with the instruction
- Good communication skills
- High level of experience
- Ability to stand for long
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to listen and adhere to instructions
- Good customer service skills
How Much Do Barbers Earn In USA
Research has shown that the price of cutting hair in the United States ranges from $10 to $100 though the average cost of a haircut is around $28. However, the cost of barbing literally depends on the city and also the experience and skill of the barber.
Offering home services to clients will help you to earn more as you will charge more.
If you are very skilled, you could earn as much as $34,023 per year. You can see that barbers in the U.S. earn good salaries and you can’t afford to miss out on this opportunity.
It has been estimated that there are more than 80,000 job openings for barbers, hairstylists and also cosmetologists in the United States each year and even foreigners are allowed to apply for these jobs.
According to the BLS reports, a professional barber makes an average of about $14.23 per hour with average salary ranging from $25,309 to $33,034 per year.
However, barbers in New Jersey get to earn more than other states in the U.S. They get to earn about 18.34 per hour and an average of about $57,293 per year.
Now let us outline the amount barbers earn yearly in some places in the U.S.
- Washington – $53,250
- North Carolina – $49,294
- Arizona – $48,509
- Michigan – $47,394
- Oregon – $44,094
How To Find Visa-Sponsored Barber Jobs In USA
These are the steps you should follow to get barber jobs with visa sponsorship in USA. I advise you carefully follow these steps to advise any form of misinformation.
- First of all, you must make sure you have a valid license to work as a barber in your home country.
- Upload copies of your license and any other documents that may be needed to prove that you are eligible to work as a barber in USA.
- Add all the required documents including your resume, letters of recommendation and proof of education or experience.
- Write a very convincing application letter showing your intent. This document should be able to describe why you want the barber job and why you are the best fit for the job.
How To Apply For Visa-Sponsored Barber Jobs In USA
Here are some steps you should follow to apply for barber jobs with visa sponsorship in USA:
- Search job listing sites like Indeed, LinkedIn, USAjobs, and others.
- Find barber jobs
- Start your application online by uploading your application letter and CV.
- After you have uploaded all the necessary documents, then you wait for a response from the employer or company
- A notification of an online interview will be sent to you and when you pass the interview and get accepted, you will get a job offer.
- After you’ve gotten the job, then your employer will make a petition for sponsorship on your behalf at the USCIS office.
Types Of Visa Is Required For Barber Jobs In USA
Before you go on to apply for a visa in USA, it is necessary for you to be you sure of the type of visa you will need to enter the country. According to the U.S. customs and border protection service, an immigrant visa will be issued to a foreign national who wants to live and work permanently in the country while non-immigrant visas are temporary visas.
· H1B Visa
There are companies and saloons in the United States that are looking for professional barbers. You can search online for companies that offer H1B visas along with job offer.
· The 0-1 Visa for Non-Immigrant
This is a work visa for people with unique abilities. The visa is for barbers, hairdressers, make-up artist and many more.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I become a barber in the U.S.?
For you to work as a barber in the United States, you will have to meet the following requirements:
A high school diploma or GED
Go to a state-approved cosmetology school
Acquire the necessary hands-on practice
Pass the licensing exam and get certified
Take continuing education classes and maintain licensure.
How much do barbers earn in the U.S.?
A barber in the United States could make a median salary of $27,380 per year. A professional barber could earn around $37,304. However, the money barbers in the U.S. earn depends on the location, qualification and experience of the barber.
How can I get sponsored to work in USA?
Getting a sponsorship employment visa you will need to have an offer from a US employer. The US employer must send you a contract to sign, which will be part of the sponsorship documents. In some nonimmigrant visas the Department of Labor first demand a Labor Certification.